Sound Recording Problems

Seadog 23:45 17 May 05

I have recently tried (for the first time) to record music from the "line in" on my SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card, however, as soon as I start music playback, it is transmitted through the speaker system and when I try to record it (using Nero media player)I get severe interference/unintelligible noise, the sound appears to "lock up" for want of a better word. Anyone any ideas? If my son does the same on his computer he just gets two lots of the same music - one playing a split second after the other, but the recording comes out ok. He is using a standard SB Audigy

Completealias 00:08 18 May 05

OK not quite sure whats going on on your pc but the delay on your sons pc is known as latency and is just a delay in the time it takes for the pc to process the sound and then output it

Colinp 00:35 18 May 05

If you want to record sound using the "line in" use the creative wave studio. I have the same sound card and that is what I do.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…