sound recorder query

bendigo 16:12 31 Jan 07

I have vinyl records, cassette tapes and reel to reel recordings. some of which I would like to transfer to my pc. and edit onto cd or dvd.I have an 'Instant music' kit which does all of this and more. If you can figure the thing out!!!!! There seem to be so many settings to change etc. I gave up trying, and have resorted to the very basic 'sound recorder' I use the headphone to mic input or just play and record by mic. All this preamble leads to my query. Is it possible to extend the recording time or do I have to stand by and click the record button each time it reaches the end of the scale?

john-232317 16:23 31 Jan 07

You will have to connect your record/tape player to the line in on your sound card.
Download this program its easy to use click here and click on the record tab and set up how you want to record etc.

bendigo 12:01 01 Feb 07

Hi, did that but it said that it would only record 10 seconds until I bought the full programme. In any case I could not get it to record anything anyway.
I go back to my actual question- 'can the length of a recording be extended in 'Sound Recorder, other than standing by to re-click on the red record button every 60 seconds. I have used this technique successfully to record several minutes of music, but it is obviously not really a viable way to go. I connect my player via it's headphone socket to the pc's mic socket (as described in various mags).
Question itself is not answered yet. Maybe it's a straightforward 'No' but I hope not. I am referring to 'sound recorder' in accessories/entertainment in windowsxp.

GroupFC 13:27 01 Feb 07

If you are going to use sound recorder, what you need to do is as follows:-

open sound recorder and "record" a blank file, and then save it (say to your desktop as blank1.wav)

Start a new blank recording and during that go >edit>insert file and navigate to the file you have just saved. You should see that the time of this recording has increased. Repeat this insertion as many times as you wish, and you will end up with a blank recording of 60secs x the number of times the file was inserted.

Save this file as say blank2.wav.

Now to record a track, Open blank2.wav and start your recording. When you have finished go >file>save as and give it the appropriate name and location. This then preserves the original blank2.wav, so that you can repeat the process.

HTH

john-232317 20:14 01 Feb 07

?. Its a free program with no limitations. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…