Sound problems,please help!

prodway 17:45 11 Feb 03

Hi,iv just recently been having problems with sound skipping with games that require the disk inserted whilst playing.i dont think its the cdroms,i have 2 and they are fairly new and have been cleaned.could it be the sound card?or driver?im using xp and its not detecting a software or hardware problem.the disks im using are clean also.if its a game that has commentry such as fifa2003,the commentry like stutters and misses parts of words out.anyone else experience this?hope someone can help.Paul.

prodway 17:46 11 Feb 03

btw.my sound card is sblive.

prodway 22:06 16 Feb 03

any ideas??

AMD_MAN23 23:01 16 Feb 03

It could be a driver problem but also do you have loads of things running in the background when playing games?, run system information and run the direct x tests.

c.b.

Antz 00:58 17 Feb 03

Your soundcard is only part of your multi-media set-up. If your system is overstretched one of the areas it can show up is in sound quality. As has already been suggested reduce background tasks,reduce video and sound quality. Improve these settings gradually until you get a balance between quality and performance.
Incidentally, high quality graphics and sound cards can be held back if the processor is not up to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…