sound problems after reloading dell dimension 9100

ginandsteve 15:17 05 Feb 10

I have restored the dell dimension 9100 and am unable to hear any clear sounds now. It is coming out very scratchy and distorted. I have checked device manager and appear to have no conflicts, have updated drivers and tried everything I can think of. I know the speakers work as I have tried them on another computer so unsure what to do next. Anyone have any ideas?

lotvic 17:59 05 Feb 10

are you using the on(mother)board sound or do you have separate sound card?

read click here as that may be your problem too and it tells how to easily fix it

ginandsteve 18:07 07 Feb 10

I am using a separate sound card, creative labs, sound blaster Audigy SE

lotvic 11:20 08 Feb 10

have you tried uninstalling the drivers and taking the sound card out - going back to onboard sound - is the sound okay then?

If so then reinstall the sound card from scratch.
remember to plug the speakers into the correct connection (onboard or the sound card) (I know, but it is a common error :))
Reboot pc in between alterations.

This will show if it is a problem with the card in some way. - It might even be that the card has worked loose on motherboard connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…