Sound Problems

SolvaCollective 16:51 19 May 03

How do you figure out whether your system takes PCI OR AGP Soundcards. It takes AGP Graphics cards and now I need a sound card but I dont know which type I need or where it goes. Many Thanks all

roy 16:57 19 May 03

Sound cards are all PCI. It will go into a spare PCI slot. You will see them in a bank of 4 to 6 and they are white. If you are using an onboard sound chip you will have to disable it in bios.

SolvaCollective 18:47 19 May 03

How do you know if your using an on board sound card? At the moment I have no sound or speakers. The only noise I get is when i get e-mail and it makes this kind scratchy beep noise.

David-235568 10:09 20 May 03

Hi All
I am trying to connect my Yamaha HE8 to my computer through midi and find that the port is not enabled
How do I enable this port for both a joystick and midi input
Thanks in anticipation

Tog 10:48 20 May 03

If you have sound output sockets on the motherboard at the back of the PC then you have on-board sound. The other way to check is to go into BIOS and look for an option to enable/disable onboard sound. If it is there, disable it before you fit the new soundcard.

Tog 10:49 20 May 03

Best to start a new thread, you'll get more response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…