Sound problems......

DannyK 16:49 18 Jan 03
  DannyK 16:49 18 Jan 03

Cannot for the life of me get my speakers to work...!!! Got an new A7N266-vm mboard with onboard sound. got all the latest drivers but not a peep.
Do i have to switch anything on in the bios..?? What about on the board itself..??i turned on midi and gave it an irq but still nothing although the joystick works fine. Any help would be appreciated..

Elrond 16:52 18 Jan 03

You shud check that the onboard sound is enabled in the BIOS. It usually automatically is but you can always check. It will be under the integrated tab i think.

DannyK 17:05 18 Jan 03

no joy, looks like its all enabled.....

DannyK 17:10 18 Jan 03

...just been into the bios, disabled the sound, went back into windows & couldn't play anything. Enabled it again & it does what it did before - gives every indcation that its playing but without the actual sound...!!!!
I can hear everything out my headphones from the front jack of the case....

DannyK 01:48 19 Jan 03

...getting really p****d off with this now....can anyone help..???

jediknight007 02:05 19 Jan 03

Have you tried searching though PCA? I have seen like at least 4 posts about onboard sound problems with motherboards.

DieSse 02:38 19 Jan 03

Ah-ah - when you connected up the front panel, you may have disabled the rear sockets - check your motherboard carefully.

DieSse 02:39 19 Jan 03

manual, that is ....

DannyK 11:39 19 Jan 03

...Surely the whole point of having the front sockets is to get away from replacing the socket at the rear..?? nothing about it in the manual anyway..

acemark 11:47 19 Jan 03

Hi, it sounds daft I know but, you HAVE checked that your system isn't muted, havn't you? Whenever I update my soundcard drivers I have to turn up the volume, 'cos the new install re adjusts the it. Just a thought, good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…