Sound Problems

timd1978 18:55 24 Mar 09

Ok this is a lot to explain. I have an Asus P5Q Pro motherboard with realtek HD Audio on board. I have a 5.1 speaker system that did work before I messed something up when resetting the system running Vista. Now I can see the Audio device and when I run a test on the speakers, I get a ping on the sub and both rear speakers. However attempting to play DVD's and the sound is totally distorted and only through two speakers and the sub. I put in a Creative sound card and got the same problem. However, USB speakers work perfectly fine. Anyone any idea on CODECS anyother thing I have not thought of? There is no problem with any of the speakers or the wire as far as I know. I have reinstalled the Realtek driver as well numerous times... Thanks

howard64 08:54 25 Mar 09

did you uninstall the old driver before reinstalling it? I would suggest you uninstall the audio driver then reboot and put the asus mobo cd in and reinstall from that.

Bob The Blob 10:06 25 Mar 09

Uninstall all sound drivers - reboot - and then download and install the latest drivers from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…