Sound problems

Scubaman 14:51 08 Apr 07

Hi, I am having trouble with the sound on my computer. I can get no sound whatsoever. I have been into the BIOS and enabled the onboard sound but nothing, I have made sure my sound card is enabled and all the devices are working correctly in the system device manager, I can get nothing from the CD player or the DVD player either. I have connected my walkman headphones into the sound card, onboard connection and the CD/DVD connection still nothing. Help!

Fingees 14:59 08 Apr 07

If it's onboard sound have you run the motherboard/sound drivers?

Has it just happened?
Did it work before?

If you have a speaker on the task bar, click on it and make sure nothing is muted

Mad Will 15:02 08 Apr 07

ok to this sound problem a bit more can you tell us what the operating system on the computer with the problem

Scubaman 17:02 08 Apr 07

Yes I have checked that the sound icon is not muted and I am running XP Home SP2 Media Player 11. It hasn't worked for about 3 weeks, can'tremember doing anything to the system then. I am so untidy I can't remember where the MB CD is.

Scubaman 17:07 08 Apr 07

Bump
I have just checked the drives for the onboard sound and it appears to be ok

rdave13 17:39 08 Apr 07

Check windows audio is running and on automatic. Control panel- performance and maintenance-administrative tools- services, then scroll down to windows audio.

birdface 20:45 08 Apr 07

Make sure your speakers are switched on,make sure it is not turned of on the keyboard,In sound and audio in control panel is it greyed out,And can you move the slider.If you have windows messenger,try tools,Audio and video set up,And check your sound on there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…