sound problems

the kopite 11:14 07 Jun 05

Hi Guys I have a problem with my sound it is a soundblaster 1-5 card and all the diagnostics run ok till I get to test speakers then no sound it was working yesterday the power light is on on the sub woofer and all the speakers are plug in I tried reistalling the soundblaster but nothing any help would be appreciated very much thanks kopite

Arthur Scrimshaw 11:25 07 Jun 05

Hi there have the speakers ever worked or are they new?
Also - how are they connected to your soundcard (digital/analogue)?

the kopite 11:41 07 Jun 05

Hi Arthur thanks for replying yes the speakers were working fine till this morning and they are analouge thanks kopite

wee eddie 12:10 07 Jun 05

I would suspect a fault in the cable running from the PC to the Distribution speaker. It may be frayed, broken/cut or a faulty contact.

amonra 14:08 07 Jun 05

Try plugging a pair of headphones into the output of the computer, that will prove it one way or the other. Also make sure you haven't inadvertently ticked the "Mute" box in one of the Volume slider controls.

the kopite 15:51 07 Jun 05

Thanks Guys for all your help problem solved the speakers went out the window lol no I fiddled about with the wires and replaced the card in another slot what ever I done worked and I am typing here lisning to the great pretender for you young guys its a 60s group called the platters lol Thanks again guys for your interest and help kopite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…