Sound Problems

Nelmon2k 11:26 05 Feb 05

I have just bought a new computer and 5.1 surround sound speakers. I'm using the onboard sound card from my computer. The computer speakers came with a 3 part cable, Consisting of a green, a orange and a black 3.5 jack on each end. When I plug it into the computer I only get sound out of the front left and right speakers.
I've changed the settings in windows XP's type of speakers box but it still doesnt work. How can i plug it up to the subwoofer so it work?

Technotiger 11:30 05 Feb 05

Hi, I would have thought that your new pc and speaker system should have come with instructions for spkr connection. On board sound will not do your spkr system proper justice - you really need a pci sound-card, such as Audigy2 to get the best out of your spkrs.

Cheers.

Nelmon2k 11:31 05 Feb 05

it does come with instrucions for it. I've followed them to the letter and there still not working properly. I'm using a Mesh with creative 5.1 surround sound speakers if it helps.

Technotiger 11:34 05 Feb 05

OK, not familiar with Mesh personally, but I still think your 'problem' lies with using the on-board sound rather than a good sound-card.

Nelmon2k 11:36 05 Feb 05

oh well. Have to make a trip to the rip off place called pc world

Technotiger 11:38 05 Feb 05

Me again - give it a bit more time here, someone else might come up with more ideas.

Good luck anyway. Cheers.

Nelmon2k 12:50 05 Feb 05

I've now bought a 24 bit Soundblaster live card. I've plugged it all up and installed it but it still will only play through the front left and right speakers. The problem appears to be from when the information leaves the pc. It only seems to come out of the green slot rather than the orange and black slots as well. Any help would be great. Thanks

Nelmon2k 13:06 05 Feb 05

I've now used creatives software that came with the card to test it. If I use their app it can play music through all the speakers but if i play music through windows media player it still only plays through the front left and right speakers. Thanks

Technotiger 21:27 05 Feb 05

Hi again, glad you have it sorted, you can't go wrong with your new Soundblaster card.

Cheers. Don't forget the little Green Tick here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…