Sound Problems

Nic 21:27 29 Dec 03

Just purchased a pair of AMD Athlon2600+ computers from Mesh and find that one of them refuses to play any audio such as CDs, speech etc on the 5.1 speakers provided. Window start up music is also non-existent

Sound should be supplied care of the nVidia(R)nforce(tm)Audio. I have checked the speaker set up on the other PC and find everything is working ok. I have also been through the usual connection type Q&A's and everything is fine there.

Could someone please advise where I should be looking next. Would like to resolve it tonight if possible to save me a long phone call to Mesh tomorrow.

Thanks for your anticipated help.

It sounds like your sound drivers haven't been installed. Go to this link and download the drivers
click here

Nic 22:13 29 Dec 03

Installed the drivers from the nvidia website, but still no sound available. Any other ideas?

adviseclive 22:38 29 Dec 03

Do you have a speaker icon in bottom taskbar?

©®@$? 22:43 29 Dec 03

worth checking that you sound is set to use your sound card and not a the modem

control panel/sound and audio devices

click audio tab

the sound playback should be set to your sound card (in your case nVidia(R)nforce(tm)Audio) NOT modem

adviseclive 22:48 29 Dec 03

Also worth checkingin control panel \system \ hardware to check if any conflicts or problems shown with sound drivers.

adviseclive 22:49 29 Dec 03

sorry shoukld have added 'device manager' to end of list

matt45 22:51 29 Dec 03

May sound silly, but have you checked your sound isn't muted in any way in the Master Volume Control Panel? ( Start > Run > sndvol32.exe )

adviseclive 23:03 29 Dec 03

Seems to be no response from nic. maybe he has solved prob.

Nic 18:56 30 Dec 03

Sorry for delay in getting back on line. Tried all of the above suggestions and everything looks ok with no sound card conflicts. Any other suggestions?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:59 30 Dec 03

Can u check options /setup drivers from other pc? if they the same you could see whats missing or how other set up.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…