Sound problem DVD music plays but speech doesn't.

X™ 17:43 29 Nov 07

Hi, in my English lesson today, we had an odd problem with the sound in a DVD. The music would play loudly, but speech and a couple of other things don't. I didn't actually take a look, because another student just stuck the subtitles on. I waqs thinking that it's possibly the Surround Sound setup, because a helicopter went past in the sound, and moved from the left to the right speaker and then you could faintly hear it, when it was supposed to be behind you.

Any ideas, because otherwise we won't be able to watch it tomorrow, and it's a Shakspere film for our coursework. Oh, and on another note, I highly doubt our ICT Admins will be able to fix this problem, partly because we've got a virus on one of the servers, and they're all freaking out because of it. They're pretty much useless acording to my ICT teacher anywy, lol!

Anyway, any ideas?

SANTOS7 17:47 29 Nov 07

Leave it to your IT department, if it goes wrong, who they gonna blame, You...

AL47 17:49 29 Nov 07

Ive had the sameproblem beforeafair few timesand never found the exact program but i think downloading klitecodec pack fixes it
This works if the voices are there but are real quiet

eedcam 17:59 29 Nov 07

Shakespeare/helicopters / surroundsound 'Pray do say the name of the Film'

SANTOS7 18:04 29 Nov 07

could be Othellocopter...

X™ 18:11 29 Nov 07

Meh, that's if the ICT department can by tomorrow. I can't really mess stuff up as teachers have limited power. All I was going to do is check the settings, i.e surround sound ect.

SANTOS7 18:13 29 Nov 07

A severe thrashing if you mess up then, don't forget book down back of trousers.LOL...

X™ 18:21 29 Nov 07

Okay then Santos........

AL47 18:30 29 Nov 07

if its what i had and its a network computer i doubt youll be able to fix it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…