sound problem after computer repair

ajay35 12:41 01 May 06

recently had a memory burn out on computer, had to replace mobo and cpu, used ati radeon graphics card and rebuilt, crash had corrupted windows xp pro and had to reboot using cd rom, then xp kept looping got thru this and got it all working, but now have lost sound, been thru sound devices manager and tried re setting, re installing drivers to no avail, thinking about re installing windows and starting from scratch but would lose too much info, plus comp wont allow me to burn discs to save settings any ideas? thanks

Harpur 13:13 01 May 06

have you checked the sound properties to see if it has been muted?

ajay35 13:24 01 May 06

yes have checked this not muted all volume controls set to high

Harpur 14:40 01 May 06

i know this may sound silly but often the basics are overlooked in the search for the bigger problem, but have you checked the jack plugs are in the correct slot on the card. also if there is an onboard sound have you disabled this in the bios? oh and another thing don't do what i did and plug into the motherboard then waste time wondering why i got no sound! sounds silly but there you go.............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…