Sound Problem

Graphicool1 15:34 21 Aug 09

Hi All

This problem started a couple of days ago. The phone rang and I nearly fell off my chair. There was so much noise coming from different directions, for a moment I didn't know what was happening.

For some reason when the phone rang a simultainious ringing buzz came from the PC speakers. Now it's doing it everytime the phone rings. I'm at a loss to see why? Any ideas

canarieslover 15:37 21 Aug 09

Check filter on your phone line. Did you also lose your broadband connection at the same time?

Graphicool1 15:42 21 Aug 09

No, although around the same time - two days running - I had to unplug and replug in my router on boot up to get it to connect. I'll do as you suggest.

Graphicool1 16:23 21 Aug 09

well it wasn't the filter, I changed it for a new one. Still does it?

canarieslover 19:42 21 Aug 09

You must have the signal to the bell wire leaking across to your data wires so I would check wiring in the phone socket or perhaps try another phone socket if it's within reach.

Graphicool1 15:55 22 Aug 09

"the signal to the bell wire leaking across to your data wires"

Would this still happen...if only the speakers are on and the PC is turned off? Because it does.

Also when the phone rings it's a melodious jingle. The sound from the speakers however is two or three times louder than the phone and unpleasantly abrasive!

Whatever the cause, Why would this have just started happening. I haven't touched or moved anything since I set it up three years ago?

Graphicool1 16:21 22 Aug 09

Update...

Although everything sounded - to me - as I discribed it to you. It has however just transpired not to be the case. Please accept my apologies for unintentionally misleading you. In my defence - at present - I have a perforated eardrum and as such can only hear in one ear. So, my sense of direction is shot to pieces :¬[

I asked my wife to listen while I dialled the number. She said the sounds aren't coming from the speakers. They are in fact ALL coming from the wireless, telephone consul. I unplugged both connections to it and - I'm sure you too will be pleased to know - it's now back to normal.

Thanks for your input. G1 :¬)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…