sound problem

spike47 17:58 19 Jan 09

Hi
I have just re-istalled xp and drivers for my motherboard , but the problem I have now is that I get sound but it is only low volume and I can not get it to go any higher as anyone any idea as what maybe the problem , I have tried to go into advanced on the options tab in volume control but it is ticked but greyed out ! .
ps: the sound is onboard .

cheers

Zion_Lion 18:30 19 Jan 09

Hi there mate, first of all go into device manager and check that your audio device is being recognized by checking there are no yellow exclamation symbols indicating an unrecognized device, if you dont know how to get to the device manager, right click My Computer and select properties, then click the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager.
I would also go to the motherboard manufacturers website and grab the latest drivers for that board. If the latest drivers don't work, then you may want to consider running a windows repair.
Another point is if you know whether the motherboard has on-board sound or a sound card, if it's the latter you may not have installed the soundcard driver.

Regards ZL

Sparkly 19:20 19 Jan 09

spike47 follow what Zion_Lion has advised then take a look at the link if you do not have the drivers.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009