Sound Problem

imstuck 15:49 12 Mar 08

Hi, i have just upgraded my pc to xp but i think i need a driver for my sound to work. My soundcard is a ASUS A6CH. Motherboard is Asus as well. Can any one help please

Gongoozler 16:14 12 Mar 08

Is the sound integrated into the motherboard? click here

Gongoozler 16:21 12 Mar 08

--- or download the zipped file direct from ASUS click here.

imstuck 16:47 12 Mar 08

Thanks Gongoozler- no its not itergrated it is seperate

Gongoozler 16:59 12 Mar 08

Right - I've sussed out the confusion. The ASUS A7N266-E is bundled with the ACR-A6CH audio card click here. Hopefully the driver I pointed you to is the right one anyway

Totally-braindead 17:01 12 Mar 08

Are you sure its seperate?

ASUS make lots of stuff but I did not know they ever made a seperate sound card.

imstuck 17:07 12 Mar 08

do not know much regarding inside of pc's. The soundcard is slotted into the motherboard or at lest it looks that way, Thanks.

i downloaded that driver but still no sound.

In my device manager-other devices-i have yellow question marks with multimedia audio controller + sm bus controller, maybe there is a problem there?

Graham. 17:34 12 Mar 08

If you right click on a problem device you get the option to update driver.

imstuck 17:39 12 Mar 08

yes i have tried that but says wizard cannot find necasary software

Gongoozler 18:00 12 Mar 08

The manual for the motherboard (see the "click here" in my posting at 16:59) says on page 29 "The A7N266-E motherboard is bundled with an innovative digital audio resource, the ACR-A6CH card." When you downloaded the zipped file, did you unzip it and double click the Setup.exe file to install the driver?

Gongoozler 18:04 12 Mar 08

Another idea! Have you tried updating the motherboard driver click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…