Sound Problem

I bought a Medion PC last December and generall I am pleased with it but I do have a problem with the on board sound which is provided by C-Media High Definition Audio. I am plagued by reverberation which I cannot seem to turn off. I have emailed the Medion help support team several times withgout response. Can anyone help?

hugh-265156 23:34 03 May 05

im not sure sorry. have you checked: 'start/control panel/sounds and audio devices/volume'

click the 'advanced' tab under 'speaker settings' and set the speaker type to match the kind you have ie/ desktop stereo speakers or 5.1 speakers etc. click apply and then ok.

click the advanced tab under 'device volume' and play with the sliders here while you are playing music etc. to test how it affects the sound. mute anything like 'mic' or 'midi' if you dont use a mic or have a musical instrument attached to the midi port.

you may have a 3d effects slider or similar try lowering or muting this maybe.

yep - tried all that -still no joy - thanx for your response anyway

Joe R 16:56 04 May 05

leithemill,

It sounds like there may be a loose or damaged cable in either your speakers, or power cable.

Have you the option of trying your speakers, in a different system.?

citadel 20:19 04 May 05

when i had onboard sound trouble, i disabled it and got an creative audigy 2 zs this is excellent for all aspects of sound.

thanks Joe but I do not think it will be speakers or cable as I get the same problem when using headphones. Also do not want to add sound card as I use the front headphone and mic quite often - installing a card would prevent me from using these front connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…