Sound Problem.

Bagsey 19:14 05 Sep 04

I have a computer running XP home which has a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy with Cambtidge Soundworks 5 point surround sound, Today this was wotking OK then for no apparent reason the sound just stopped. No Sound from any CD or DVD.
I have tried to run the Diagnostic check and all is fine expcept for the final check which hangs while testing and gives an error on the SOUND FONT. I dont know what this means or how to correct the fault. Can anyone help with some ideas on what has happened please.Thanx.

Diodorus Siculus 19:28 05 Sep 04

Could be a damaged dll or something - have you tried a reinstall of the software?

Bagsey 19:33 05 Sep 04

Sorry to have bothered you all with this problem. Having spent about 2 hours checking everything that I could think of I was just browsing in the control pannel and opened up sound and audio devices and found a tick in MUTE. I unticked this and lo and behold my system is working again. I have no Idea why this should have become ticked as I certainly never did it and my wife would have no idea about this.Just another of lifes little mysteries. If anyone has a clue why this could happen please put me out of my misery.

stalion 19:35 05 Sep 04

have you installed or un-installed any software today?

Diodorus Siculus 19:36 05 Sep 04

No idea why that happens; if you have the icon in the system tray, it may be a misplaced right click...

Bagsey 22:59 06 Sep 04

Thanks for that suggestion. When I saw it I started to experiment and yes you guessed it that seems to be the answer, a stray right click, but of course my wife wont admit that she was at fault and I would never do such a thing
:-)) would I??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac