Sound prob on laptop with Skype

Sparkly 09:29 24 May 09

Hi all and good morning i have just had a neigbour call in and dash out leaving a problem she has with her laptop,she has installed skype to talk/video with friends but she has a prob with the sound she can hear what others are saying to her but she cant be heard by them. She has a webcam that connects via usb with built in mic,if she puts a cd in and plays music that can be heard fine and there are no probs listed in device manager gone through skype sound setup and its tells her that the sound in very low on her machine but the volume is set to max. This is what i recieved in an email overnight.

"I have spent many hours trying to research the problem. I have eventually found the following:

"Your soundcard does not support hardware buffering. Sounds will only play from software buffers"

Does this mean anything to you? Do I need a new soundcard? Do I need to download updates on drivers?" and this.

"Oh I went to a website called elluminate because my niece in Canada wanted to remotely see if she could fix the problem of the sound. I downloaded the software and then Active X as it would not work without it but everytime I tried to start the programme I had to select one of several options - like cable/LAN/dial-up/ISDN etc and each time the machine crashed. System 32 message kept coming up. Do you think I have some kind of damage?"
Any help would be warmly welcomed.
XP Home SP3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…