Sound Output Problems

pcolvin00 22:08 27 Mar 03

Yes, it's me again, and yes yet another problem that I can't fathom out. Just upgraded to XP Home and everything is fine except for one thing. I am using a 5.1 surround sound system and everytime I start up, windows decides that it will only play the music/explosions/whatever through stereo channels, so I only get front left and front right and nothing out of the other 4 speakers. I go into Control>Sounds And Audio Devices>Speaker Settings>Advanced and there is a drop down list to select speaker setup. I want it to default to 5.1 surround but it will only stay there until the next I reboot when it will be back on stereo. And believe me it makes a HUGE difference. I am running an SB Platinum Live! w/LiveDrive IR, Gigabyte GA 7IXE mobo, 950Mhz Athlon, 320Mb RAM, Riva TNT2 Graphics, going to a Nisis S7 Speaker system, there is nothing wrong with any components, just XP trying to make sound/explosions/whatever very boring.

flecc 22:23 27 Mar 03

I can only suggest that you try upgrading the soundcard drivers.

There are quite a few problems with Creative Soundcards and Windows XP, and the newer Audigy cards are just a difficult.

pcolvin00 11:44 28 Mar 03

already done that, got the most up-to-date ones on the Creative website, doesn't make any difference, is there some registry key I can edit or anything?

graham 12:59 28 Mar 03

Put 5.1 in the search facility and you will see you are not alone!

eccomputers 22:14 31 Mar 03

doesnt seem to happen on my xp pro machine

britto 22:35 31 Mar 03

can you go ,start/programs/creative/soundblaster live/speaker preset setup. this starts a wizard to configure my speakers and enables a default setting i think.

pcolvin00 11:03 01 Apr 03

This seems to have solved the problem, but I've already tried it, don't know why it should stop it this time?????????? Anyway thanks ppl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…