Sound output level problem

Madscot_uk 10:27 31 Dec 05

I am trying to set up my pc to use with an amplifer to provide music for my village hall's New Years party tonight.

Taking the output from line out, puts a rythmic 'clipping' in the music. Using my mini-disk player, or my dads laptop doesn't cause this problem. As i have over 24Gb of Mp3's moving them around would be time consuming.

Playing with various settings within 'sound effect manager' or the windows sound effect settings doesn't change anything. The driver is Realtek AC'97 Audio, is there software (preferably free or with 30 day evaluation etc..) that will allow me to match the Pc line out to my amplifers Aux input?

Cheers

Totally-braindead 10:29 31 Dec 05

Perhaps have a look at the motherboard manufacturers website and see if there is an updated driver.

Totally-braindead 10:32 31 Dec 05

Other idea is burn the MP3s to disk as Data and see if your CD player will read them, if it will then use the CD player with the MP3 disk. This will probably not work unless its a MP3 compatible player but its the best idea I can up with on short notice, try it with half a dozen tracks first so you don't waste your time.

Madscot_uk 11:14 31 Dec 05

Thanks, might burn it onto dvd and then use my dad's laptop, as i know it works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…