Sound out of Synch with picture

Terry Brown 20:08 26 Apr 06

Hi,
I have just started 'dabbling' with video editing, using a pinnacle card to capture from analog Video (VCR) to computer ,however after about 30 minutes the sound and picture go out of synchronisation by about 4 seconds. Someone told me to slow down the hardware,as this may help, but how do I do it!.

I have tried shutting down all start up programs by using msconfig and disabling all (After turning my Internet connection off), but not a lot of difference.
This is on the computer, before burning to CD.I have about 40gb space on my hard drive, running Athlon XP+ 1800 with 1024mb of memory.
Any Sugestions.
Terry

woodchip 23:44 26 Apr 06

I had the same problem, I now use DVD MAKER For XP only click here

woodchip 23:45 26 Apr 06

I had the same problem, I now use DVD MAKER For XP only click here

PS it's not for WinME or Win98se

Audeal 00:19 27 Apr 06

This is usualy caused by dropping frames which puts the picture behind the sound.

I get this with AVI but not with MPEG2, although MPEG2 is compressed I do get an exceptable result when finnished.

Dropped frames are usualy caused by a slow system. One GIG processor is recomended but, I feel, can still be to slow. (Mine is, with one GIG). I use Ulead Video Studio 7 with no problems.

woodchip 08:34 27 Apr 06

I got it with a 2.6 Gig. no droped frames. I do not get it with the DVD Maker

€dstowe 08:51 27 Apr 06

A very common problem with Pinnacle software (which I assume you're using as you have their card).

Sound syncing (or lack of) is only one of many problems you will most likely get with this software, especially if you've only just started using it.

If you do a search on here you will find lots of suggestions for alternative (and people say better) programs for video editing.

One thing I would suggest before you go much further, though, if you are at all serious about video editing, is to install another hard drive and use that for all the video file manipulation/storage.

Terry Brown 09:05 27 Apr 06

Thanks for all the advice, First I did not realise how much drive space video editing takes, judging by the state of the defragmentation after a 50 minute edit, so a second hard drive comes first (80gb), then I will try DVD makerm, and see how I get on.
Is there a better TV capture card you could recommend ?
Terry

woodchip 09:40 27 Apr 06

That's what DVD Maker is a Analog Capture card, but plugs into USB2 port the button on the top allows you to capture one video frame as a photo. It also as S\Video in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…