Sound not working

Panio 21:08 11 Apr 06

I have lost my sound after trying to install a TV card. I have on board sound. I have deleated the drivers and when I startup the SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio device is detected, correct drivers are installed but seemingly there are no problems but, alas, no sound. When I go to control panel / Audio device it says "no audio device" even though it has just been freshly installed. I have even tried a new sound card but I have exactly the same problem. Please help me.

Thank you very much

Rtus 21:31 11 Apr 06

Is it a tv card whose sound output is via a short link cable between the tv card out & into the line input on the motherboards sound card ..if these inputs are 4.1 /5.1 etc they can be confused as to which is which.Im not saying this is in fact the case but well worth checking.Try removing the Tv card and work on restoring the On board sound system itself ,when thats sorted add the tv card /drivers Mine you have to run the assistant to configure its video/sound

Panio 21:51 11 Apr 06

I have returned the TV card and I will get it back on Thursday so I will check the inputs then. I have tried to get the sound working for hours without the TV card but to no avail.

Rtus 08:45 12 Apr 06

put the original card in & startup see if it auto detects it if not use add new hardware routine (control panel)@ have driver disc ready

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…