Sound - mic input problem.

wotbus@ 17 Nov 11
Answered

Mic is servicable - checked on another PC. Mic is enabled and volume set. Mic is detected when connected as "You have just plugged in" etc.. by RealTech Audio manager. - but - no levels can be detected in Input Device setup.

Sound Output continues to work fine. Sound is On-Board on Intel D525MW Atom micro ATX running Vista.. Can on-board sound fail in this way?

Anybody? Thanks.

eedcam 17 Nov 11

Mic is plugged in assume its USB usb mics at least mine and most I looked at have their own sound card and need to be selected in whichever programe you are using ie Audacity /adobe Audition whatever

wotbus@ 17 Nov 11

Mic is mini phono in the Pink socket. I have tried a known serviceable Webcam with integral mic (USB) after unplugging the simple mic and have the same problem? Drivers for the on-board sound and the web-cam are up to date. The Realtech on-board sound manager has the mic enabled.

eedcam 17 Nov 11

Ok there is more than one box setting regarding Mics one in the volume control which need s to be unmuted/unticked and also in sounds and devices check both audio and voice tabs

wotbus@ 18 Nov 11

Correction: When I stated "Mic is mini phono.." I did of course mean "Mic is mini jack plug...", sorry. I have already covered those eedcam, and the frustrating thing is everything tells me it should work! Device manager says so, driver update says so, Realtech Sound manager says so, mic is enabled in several boxes, locations but I realise it only takes one to be missed.

eedcam 18 Nov 11

As you say it only takes one box to beticked/unticked easy mistake is a tick mutes in the volume conmtrol amd selects in the recording control mixer .Have to run Test hardware in the sound and audio devices >voice tab

wotbus@ 02 Dec 11
Answer

Problem unresolved. PC now working with sound in/out via USB external sound card.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message