sound lost

pete25 18:07 14 Jan 03
  pete25 18:07 14 Jan 03

new set up asus A7N8X mobo, running xp pro.,have reset bios but have not reflashed, have lost all sound, post report and system sounds cd etc were all there. Now all sound from (line out sound)rear connector has disappeared. Have checked front output connector (connected onboard)using same head phones and have sound. Have looked at bios settings after resetting back to default all seem as per manual. Have reinstalled from scratch with mobo cd and xp still nothing - anyone any ideas or experience of this problem????

Lú-tzé 18:13 14 Jan 03

I admire your perseverance, pete25! I am not sure of how to solve your problem though.

Have you installed the correct drivers for sound card / mobo drivers if it is onboard sound?

Have a look at the Asus site for more details.

pete25 18:38 14 Jan 03

thank you for response, yes i'm pretty sure but in
the middle of trying again...3rd attempt, i know i'm missing something obvious (i hope)...

BRYNIT 20:18 14 Jan 03

Have you checked for conflickting driver in system.0 if you have just reloaded you could have two different drivers or you could be loading over a faulty driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…