Sound keeps Muting.

Bagsey 12:32 04 Mar 05

The sound on my machine switches itself to the mute position whenever I close down and must be reset on boot up. This has just started and although I have found most of the places where I can take the muteing away I am unable to find a permenant answer to this problem, and would like to get back to not having to do the reseting after each reboot.
Can anyone suggest a solution to this annoying problem Thanks in advance.

Yoda Knight 14:50 04 Mar 05

have u scanned for nasties ?

Bagsey 15:02 04 Mar 05

Yes. I run Adaware, Spybot S&D also AVG 7

woodchip 15:14 04 Mar 05

You do not say what Operating System. but for win98 go to start\run type SFC with the Win98 CD in computer press enter key, for XP as above but type SFC /SCANNOW

Bagsey 15:54 04 Mar 05

Thanks for that advice. I did as suggested but nothing untoward was found. Sorry I forgot to add that I run XP Home. Still have the same annoying problem. Any more ideas????

woodchip 18:30 04 Mar 05

You could try removing the Drivers then reload them or update the sound drivers

woodchip 18:33 04 Mar 05

PS Try this look for sound in Device Manager and remove and restart Computer I think you will find more than one for sound in Device Manager. But after a Restart Computer should find the Drivers and reconfigure the Hardware

Bagsey 08:26 05 Mar 05

Thanks for your help but regret no joy. It is a pest but not a big enough pest to warrant spending anymore time on it. So will sign this thread off and rest the sound on startup. Thanks again for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…