Sound issue on Audigy Platinum! - I think!

Aldo_Northwich 19:13 12 Mar 03

I am not sure what software it is that has caused it but for some reason my MSN messenger and Outlook email alert sounds are generated by the PC Bleeper and NOT my Audigy card. All videos/songs etc and even the windows startup sound all work perfectly. A further clue is that the windows shutdown sound also does not work! It is annoying as I have had to uninstall and re-install everything! - The correct sound theme is installed i.e. windows classic etc but I still get that irratating beep when a new email arrives or someone send an MSN message to me. Please delve into the back of your mind and help me before I rip the on-board pezzo off the motherboard. Many Thanks

hamelin 20:42 12 Mar 03

Check the Creative Surround Mixer to make sure that wave/mp3 is not mute. If OK then have a look in control panel under sounds and multimedia on the devices tab to make sure that wave sounds are enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…