sound help plz !!!

alendon20 05:23 07 Jan 14

While playing mp3 with my addon sound card ( Creative Sound Blaster Audigy value 2) sound breaks / lagging this is happening since i brought this new motherboard & updated from window xp to window 7 ,

I tried everything like updating sound drivers !!! I think this sound card doest support window 7.

Please help me !!! please find alternative driver or any idea how tackle this problem.

my config : Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit CPU -Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz 35 °C Wolfdale 45nm Technology RAM - 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18) Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G41M-Combo (Socket 775) Graphics - W1941 ([email protected]) Intel G41 Express Chipset (Gigabyte) Storage - 465GB Seagate ST3500413AS ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C Optical Drives - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222BB ATA Device Audio - High Definition Audio Device & SB Audigy

Thanking You

chub_tor 15:56 08 Jan 14

Is this the driver you are using? it is the only Win 7 driver I could find for this device.

alendon20 06:40 09 Jan 14

yes am using same driver !!!!!!!! plz help

chub_tor 11:02 09 Jan 14

I downloaded the simplified manual for your motherboard but that is very limited in its scope. I was looking for the BIOS details but couldn't find them. My guess is that you have a conflict between the onboard sound and your additional sound card. Have you tried removing the Soundblaster card and checking to see if the sound from the on board sockets suffers from the same breaking/lagging? That is the first thing to try. If that is the same then you have a problem with whatever is connected to your sound output, it is not a PC fault. If however the sound from onboard is clear then you have a conflict with the SoundBlaster card and you should go into the BIOS and disable the onboard sound. Unfortunately I can't show you how to do that as I don't know what your BIOS settings are. Good luck.

Why do you need the SoundBlaster card anyway? Onboard sound is pretty good nowadays and your card is a legacy product. ON that link enter link description here I provided earlier there are also links to Trouble shooting that product. Have you tried those?

alanrwood 11:13 09 Jan 14

Agreed with chub_tor. Ditch the soundblaster card it is just not needed for the majority of uses nowadays. The onboard sound chips are just as good in the main. Maybe if you are driving high quality speakers you might use the Soundblaster but otherwise ditch it. You will most likely not notice any difference.

alendon20 06:39 10 Jan 14

chub_tor : thanks dear for your help.

Have you tried removing the Soundblaster card and checking to see if the sound from the on board sockets suffers from the same breaking/lagging?

Yes i tried but then only 2.1 only working , there no sound from other speakers . when i play vdo songs then it breaks and lagg sometimes .

I dont know much about pc . please can u tell me how to disable the on board sound in Bios.

Why do you need the SoundBlaster card anyway?

am very fond of music and one of my friend suggest me to change sound card for better sound quality .

My last motherboard somehow damaged/corrupted so i brought this motherbord and updated from xp to window7 & purchased this sound-card problem started after this .

Thanking you in advance

Alen

alendon20 06:43 10 Jan 14

chub_tor / alanrwood

I think this sound card doest support window 7 as i was not able to install driver cd . so i downloaded from site same driver as you have mentioned .

If i update my window7 to window8 will do anything good ???

alanrwood 11:59 10 Jan 14

Windows 8 is likely top have even more problems if your soundcard is a legacy device. Y&ou don't say which version of the Audigy you are using and there are lots of versions. Are you sure you have selected the correct driver for your version.

Personally I would try to sort it out in Win 7 or forget it and stick to on-board sound.

alanrwood 11:59 10 Jan 14

Windows 8 is likely top have even more problems if your soundcard is a legacy device. You don't say which version of the Audigy you are using and there are lots of versions. Are you sure you have selected the correct driver for your version.

Personally I would try to sort it out in Win 7 or forget it and stick to on-board sound.

alendon20 06:22 11 Jan 14

now while playing vdo in youtube sound lagging and breaking ......

plz help

addon on card - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy value 2

chub_tor 09:13 11 Jan 14

I can only suggest what we have already said before. Physically take out the Creative Sound Blaster card, plug your 2.1 speakers into the onboard sound socket and listen again. Do you still get sound lagging and breaking?

If you feel that you must use an additional sound card then Click Here for the latest range from Creative prices from £25 to £200 even the cheapest one has drivers for Windows 7 and 8

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac