sound files not working

charlieh34 09:08 04 Aug 09

started with the email notification noise not working now all my sound associated files arnt working log on log off etc. my audio settings are fine and can play music etc and when in sound and settings in control panel I can play the noises okay they will just not work when supposed to eg log on log offf empty recycle bin etc...Any ideas
Im running XP Home...
Thanks Charlie

howard64 09:51 04 Aug 09

could be one of the settings in volume control is muted. Right click on volume control in task bar or open sounds in control panel.

charlieh34 09:54 04 Aug 09

No had a look but none are muted its as if the whole sound files are disassociated with what they are supposed to do,but can play music and cds etc...

howard64 10:24 04 Aug 09

if no settings have altered it might be a corruption in the sound driver or windows itself. Have you tried reentering your sound driver? Even upgrading to the latest might do the trick.

charlieh34 10:30 04 Aug 09

The sound driver appears to be working okay as I can play cds etc

howard64 15:17 04 Aug 09

you keep saying that but playing cds is just one part of what the driver does. If you have the driver cd you cannot do any harm by running it again and it might clear your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…