sound file to text

wildrover 17:14 06 Sep 04

There was a discussion about this a long time ago but I can't find it now. Anyway, does anyone know of any software that will convert a sound file to text. I'm looking for something that will speed up transcription. At the moment I play the sound file into earphones and speak into a mike to convert to text - but its oh-so-slow. So what i am looking for is software to convert wav or mp3 or whatever into text.

Dan the Confused 20:02 06 Sep 04

This sort of thing? click here

wildrover 09:46 07 Sep 04

The part of the programme I need, is this the wizard: "the program's wizard enables you to convert your Windows Audio WAV files (speech recorded) offline".

I am asking a lot of the software because what I need to do is to convert wav files of different people's speech to text. This looks like the most promising option I have seen, so i will give it a try.

Thanks a lot Dan the (obviously not so) Confused!!!!

By the way, If anyone knows of any other, similar programmes, please let me know!

Confab 12:08 07 Sep 04

try this
click here

wildrover 12:52 07 Sep 04

Confab thanks - I've looked at that but don't think it does what I want. I can convert speeh to text OK with the software I've got. I want to convert digital sound files to text. I can't see that your click here can do that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…