sound editing

badgermansix 16:05 25 Jul 05

I have recorded my young granddaughter singing in my car as I was driving, she sounds great.
I'd like to remove the sound of my car engine, is this possible, and if so any recommendations on Freeware/shareware please?
I have copied to my PC and then to disk (a DVD) the disk is o.k. so I can experiement.
TIA

swapper 16:20 25 Jul 05

^

dexstar 16:20 25 Jul 05

Even the most advanced auido editing software such as adobe audition/wavelab etc will not entirely remove the noise.
Even with a little eq reduction you could probably get good results.
Try Media player and boost the eq around the 4K mark and re record.

dexstar 16:21 25 Jul 05

Even the most advanced auido editing software such as adobe audition/wavelab etc will not entirely remove the noise.
Even with a little eq reduction you could probably get good results.
Try Media player and boost the eq around the 4K mark and re record.

badgermansix 16:25 25 Jul 05

dexstar, Thanks for your very prompt reply!
Is the "Windows Media Player" that your refer toor andother prog.
I forgot to mention I have WinXP HE with SP2.

stalion 19:36 25 Jul 05

windows media player should be in your programs if not download it here click here

kinger 19:55 25 Jul 05

Sony Soundforge is good for this.

You can download a free trial, I believe.

click here

swapper 23:10 26 Jul 05

stalion, Thanks, I have WMP, but I would not know how to find the editor within it?
kinger, thank you, I will have a look at this later.

I did download the trial version of Adobe-Audacity, and it has done exactly as I wanted.

Thanks everyone.

Completealias 00:52 27 Jul 05

Audacity is a freeware application and you should not have to pay for it click here it has no restrictions and you can find plenty of plugins for it from that page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…