Sound Distortion

Poplarsman 11:59 12 Aug 03

Can anyone advise please. Previously OK, there is now sound distortion, particularly noticeable on lower frquencies, when playing CDs. Sound is OK when using radio channels though.
George

MichelleC 12:46 12 Aug 03

D/load Iada32 (free benchmark utilty) if you don't know your soundcard and then d/load latest driver and install.

MichelleC 14:13 12 Aug 03

It should be Aida... click here then go to makers' site and update with latest driver.

DieSse 14:36 12 Aug 03

There will be much more bass from a CD than from a compressed radio channel. Perhaps you've simply turned up the low frequencies too much for your speakers to handle.

Also try adjusting the volume controls up and down on the sound icon as well as the speakers - asking the sound card amplifier to do all the work may be causing distortion, and/or vice versa.

Poplarsman 14:51 12 Aug 03

DieSse.
I tried all that! it never happened previously regardless of settings - in fact I hadn't altered anything;

Re Michelle's advice: nearest download I can find to my Soundblaster is:

Sound Blaster PCI 128 (Model Ensoniq CT 5808)

Aida tell me mine is:

PCI 128 (Model Ensoniq CT 5880)
Is that close enough do you think?

George

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…