//some 3rd party need geo

Sound disappears

fazza8 16:24 03 Jul 05

I keep having something happen to the sound. I get a message saying I have no sound on my system. When I go into Control Panel a popup message appears about 5 times before it allows me in.
"To enable the advanced sound effect for gaming, please make sure the hardware settings of Hardware Accelerator is full..."
When I look at sysyem devices I have a yellow exclamation mark agains Microsift Kernel Wave Audio Mixer. I can get back to normal by using Restore (I use XP) but it keeps happening (about 6 times in the last week).

ACOLYTE 17:08 03 Jul 05

Have you tried updateing or reinstalling the sound drivers?to check if the hardware acceleration is up full,open control panel then goto sound and audio devices on the first panel that opens at the bottom there should be and advanced button,next to the speaker volume button
click the advanced button and in the next box click the performance tab in the box that opens is the hardware acceleration slider make sure it is set to full.

HTH

fazza8 17:35 03 Jul 05

It is set to full. I will try to update the drivers.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…