Sound disappear on laptop

Electronic_Eric 21:50 23 Dec 10

Hi,

On my mothers laptop the sound has suddenly disappeared. Ive checked the volume settings and nothing is muted and the volume bars are at maximum. Ive checked the hardware manager and all of the audio hardware is enabled and it says that they are working properly. The output of the sound in the properties is also set to the only audio output.
Ive also tried to plug my headphones in to the laptop to make sure that there isnt anything wrong with the speakers but i couldnt hear anything.

What might be wrong with the laptop or its settings?

Cheers
Rob

birdface 21:59 23 Dec 10

Try Services and scroll down to Windows Audio and make sure it is set to Automatic.

Electronic_Eric 02:42 24 Dec 10

Services say that windows audio has started and that the startup type is automatic.

birdface 08:09 24 Dec 10

Maybe have a look through Google.
click here
Or even a system restore to when it was working.
I know that you can disable the sound on a keyboard but not sure about a laptop keyboard.

Taff™ 08:13 24 Dec 10

Often caused by a Windows Update. Go to device manager, right click the audio card, Properties, then "Roll Back The Driver".

If that option isn`t available let us know what the audio device actually is and we can sort out new drivers.

Lastly a long shot - open Windows Media Player and check that the sound volume is at maximum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…