Sound decoders

snowy30 18:13 07 Oct 10

I don't have a computer problem, not yet.

So I'm using these forums to see if anyone can give me advice on something. I am considering buying a sound processor/decoder for my 5.1 speaker package. The sub has separate amplifiers built in for centre, front and rear speakers and therefore requires individual set of phono connections - six phono jacks in total. Obviously, a TV or DVD/Blu-Ray players only has one pair of phono outputs on each one, so I'm looking for something to connect up the player or TV so as I can hook up the sub using all red and white jacks.

Thanks

snowy30 18:14 07 Oct 10

click here

I found this on Ebay, does anyone think it be of any use?

eedcam 19:07 07 Oct 10

That is a good old processor but you only need a basic amp that has Dolby prologic 2 which can create full 5:1 sound from a stereo sorce. Reason you are probably only going to have a Stereo source to input to the amp. Some bluray players though have phono outputs for all channels not just 2. .Whats the name and model of your 5:1 system curious as to why the sub would have more than one input let alone more than one amp

snowy30 23:59 07 Oct 10

The name of my speaker system is a Mikomi AM216

eedcam 05:39 08 Oct 10

Hi cant find any info on your sub but this post covers the sam prob have a look .meanwhile I'll delve further into it in case that dont help
click here

snowy30 18:20 08 Oct 10

I found these on Ebay

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant