Sound Coming From Wrong Speaker

g4fne 17:01 01 Jan 05

Hi all.

I have a problem in that when sound should come from right speaker it comes from left & vice versa.
I have checked all connections and they seem correct. I have same problem when using headphones also.

I have an onboard Realtek AC97 Codec ALC655 card.

Sounds fine for what i want but it coming out of wrong speakers (especially when gaming) is very frustrating.

I believe it to be the soundcard fault as borrowed another one and this fixed problem

Please could anyone offer a solution or advice. (apart from buying another soundcard.

It would be very appreciated

Many Thanks
Paul

Mikè 17:07 01 Jan 05

Please don't take this the wrong way, but cant you swap the speakers over and perhaps wear the headphones the other way round?

ianeon 17:10 01 Jan 05

Does it really matter if the sound comes from the wrong speakers - lol - ???

jack 17:18 01 Jan 05

If the borrowed sound card did it right and you changed nothing else then it does seems as if the card is incorrect, but at the same time I cant see how bearing in mind how these are made there may be 10,000 or more that are wrong.
If you can swap speakers/head phones as suggested that is the easy option.

g4fne 17:34 01 Jan 05

Yes i would agree swopping the speakers is a viable option when using 2ch seaker set up. The problem i have is when using 5.1ch set up with my headset, the rear channels are coming out of the correct side (ie. rear left is coming out rear left speaker but front left is coming from front right speaker).
Sort of loses the affect of the 5.1ch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…