Sound Cards

Condom 16:35 18 Sep 08

I'm now planning to build a new PC to replace my last build which is now more than 5 years old. In days past you really needed a separate sound card for good quality output. I presently have a VideoLogic Sonic Fury which at the time was getter better reviews than the Soundblaster. Do I still need a separate card these days as it would seem most current mobos have decent onboard systems or should I still insert a separate card. Advice, comments and suggestions would be most helpful as I am a little out of date.

chub_tor 18:04 18 Sep 08

Unless you are into HiFi for gaming or use your PC as your main audio source the sound from most motherboards is perfectly adequate. My last 3 builds have all had on board sound and I have never had a problem with them. Mind you I am close to 70 and the upper register has gone a bit.

my last pc was the first one i used a sound card on and it is a lot better than any of the on board systems i had before, depends on your speakers, and what you use it for mainly. i only used a card on this pc because is doesnt have on board.

Zeppelyn 20:37 18 Sep 08

If its for general use that save your pennies and use onboard. If you really need great sound then get a good quality soundcard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…