rotormota 22:25 16 Aug 04

Can a new soundcard give higher volume & improved sound output?

I currently have a Realtec AC'97. Alternatively, are there downloads to improve this card?

lixdexik 22:58 16 Aug 04

There are two things to consider here, sound card & speakers. If you have cheap Pc speakers then a sound card alone will not make much diference. If you want good sound you need good speakers. At the end of the day it's the speakers you listen to. An expensive sound card with cheap speakers will not produce good sound. If you have good quality powered speakers then a better card might make the diference.

Hope this helps/makes sense. Cheers Lixdexik.

joethebow 23:27 16 Aug 04

My sound volume was very low on my headphones and as I normally use these it was a real pain. Unfortunatly my sound is built into the motherboard so I couldn't replace it.

I found the perfect answer. I was routing around in my loft and I found a very old Rotell Tuner Amp and a pair of Hi-Fi 12" speakers.

Connecting this up I got enough volume through the headset to burst my eardrums and the quality, big and bassy and brassy and just plain wonderfull.

So go to your local car boot and pick up an old fashioned tuner amp. A bonous is that you can listen to Radio 4 while you're surfing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…