Sound card quality

Nonnyriley 19:47 12 Mar 03

Thanks alot for everyone's help so far. I've managed to get my pc working. (thats the k7s5a pro mobo, 1800+ processor, 256ddr, 32mb graphics with windows xp pro. But just one more problem.

The quality of my onboard sound card is really poor even though it should be "3d and excellent". I have the latest drivers (i think) but still the volume wont go high and there's a scratching noise on the beat of any song. The sound card is xp compatable so what can be wrong?

Nonnyriley 21:12 12 Mar 03

anyone else got this motherboard and is experiencing problems with sound?

woodchip 21:24 12 Mar 03

The most important part of good sound is a good Amp and speakers. However you should be getting a clean signal to start with

woodchip 21:27 12 Mar 03

PS it should be onboard sound I have the k7s6a same sound chip and it good enough for me but as above I do have good speakers etc. The spound chip is a "SIS AC97"

Nonnyriley 22:00 12 Mar 03

My speakers are not a problem and yes it's onboard but Ive always used onboard sound and have had great results (same speakers) so there obviously a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…