Sound Card Problems

Jlen 23:05 06 Mar 07

I'm using my dads log on as I'm needing advice.

Last night my system crashed because of a fault in a windows system file. I then had to re-install windows. However although most of the drivers were missing, however I have recovered most of them. but my sound card does not seem to be working.

I have the installation disk for it but when it tries to install the drivers there is some error that comes up with about a file in the windows temp folders that either not there or its not working with it. Since I have reinstalled windows I know that there should be no corrupt files. Before with this sound card it worked fine.

Its a Creative Professional E-MU sound card.

It would be a great help if I would be able to fix this as I am doing Sound Engineering at College and need this sound card for my work.

Colin

Jlen 23:07 06 Mar 07

oh and its a Dell Dimension 3100 system that I am running

Ho-Lin-Sok 10:59 07 Mar 07

Do you not have a recovery option on a disc supplied with the computer, or you can contact Dell, they may be able to send you one.

Terry Brown 11:39 07 Mar 07

Try going to control panel, system, hardware,device manager.
Check for any Yellow questions marks and resolve those.
Select the sound card and uninstall, re-start your computer and it should find new hardware (sound card), allow it to run.This should solve the problem.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…