Sound Card Needed Or New Computer

the swede 12:05 01 May 06

Can anybody please help. I successfully istalled printmaster software on my computer but when I try to run it nothing happens. I hear that this can occur when there is a slight issue with video card or sound card drivers. I ran DXDIAG and found that the drivers for video card were dated 2002 and there is no sound card. What do I do next. I think I need a new sound card but I do not know what to get. I went on to emachines (make of computer) website but the model of computer that I have is not listed. I am thinking of buying a new computer but was wanting to wait until the new Windows Vista. Can anybody please give me any advice and could you make it available in dummy terms as I am completely hopeless.

wobblymike 12:11 01 May 06

Theer are a couple of different issues here
Sound first -
The fact that you say you have no sound card may be that the drivers need installing. Go into Control panel - administative tools - computer management then on the left hand side select device manager - do you have any devices with a yellow exclamation mark showing on them?

Gongoozler 12:16 01 May 06

Hi the swede. I don't have any experience with printmaster but would be surprised if it interfered with your sound card drivers. In an emachines computer it's quite possible that the sound is integrated into the motherboard, so you first need to check if that is the case. Sound cards are available very cheaply if you don't want top quality, any of the internal cards here would do what you want click here

the swede 12:19 01 May 06

Yes there is a yellow question mark at other drivers and multimedia audio controller

Gongoozler 12:32 01 May 06

Your sound driver has either been corrupted or deleted. If you have Windows XP, a System Restore might cure the problem. Otherwise you need to identify what your sound card is, whether it is integrated into the motherboard or a plug-in PCI card, and reinstall the driver.

the swede 12:34 01 May 06

I have already done a system restore. How can I identify what my sound card is

wobblymike 12:41 01 May 06

I suggest you have a go at installing the drivers via the internet
Control Panel - add hardware - next - then yes I have added hardware and next - double click multimedia audio device - you will probably be told no driver is installed (code 28) press finish (i think) and you will be presented with a screen asking you if you wish to check on the net everytime or just this time - select just this time next and then Install software automatically this should then search then net and if it finds the drivers install them repeat for other devices with yellow exclamation mark

Gongoozler 12:43 01 May 06

Is it a PCI card or is it integrated into the motherboard? If its PCI, take it out of the computer and tell us what is written on the largest chip. If it's integrated into the motherboard, tell us what your motherboard is.

the swede 12:48 01 May 06

Tried this but it came up the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

Gongoozler 12:50 01 May 06

If wobblymike's suggestion doesn't work because the card isn't identifying itself, then you need to try my suggestion.

the swede 12:52 01 May 06

I am really sorry but I do not have a clue how to get into my computer, I don't know what a motherboard is and as for PCI well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…