Sound Card Modem driver needed

s99Raj 00:16 26 Oct 04

I've searched loads of places for a driver but can't find one anywhere. Does anyone know where to look?

It appears to be a Riptide World International Sound Card Modem. On a large chip we have:

Conexant Riptide (TM) RACC010

and on a smaller chip we have:

Conexant RDSP020

I've tried entering these numbers into Google but have come up with nothing. I need the drivers for the modem for Windows 98SE.

DoctorButcher 00:19 26 Oct 04

click here

May help... :)

s99Raj 00:23 26 Oct 04

I tried the above link but where are the drivers on that page????

Danoh 00:47 26 Oct 04

that site also uses Google to search the site itself click here

How about click here ? Or here click here where a RipTide RACC010 90079 driver is mentioned although its for Windows 2000. Did not look further.

Also using Google but on the web. Hope that helps.

Cuddles 10:37 26 Oct 04

Have a look here click here

Smegs 10:47 26 Oct 04
  s99Raj 11:21 26 Oct 04

Thanks for trying, people, but none of these actually work.
It's driving me mad.

Cuddles 11:29 26 Oct 04

Have you looked here click here it lets you search by various means, the login details are the same for everyone drivers in first box all in second, good luck, joys of computing!!!!!!!!!!!

Smegs 11:49 26 Oct 04

"but none of these actually work". Are you sure the thing works anyway??

s99Raj 12:25 26 Oct 04

Yes, it definitely works. It's been working for months now. All I've done since is format the hard disk and put Windows 98 back on (the HP pavilion 6630). Originally, in the Control Panel, was listed "Rockwell HCF 56K Data Fax PCI Modem" and I tried this driver too with no luck.

I'm doing this for a friend who has lost the original drivers that the machine came with. Even the HP site seems to be of no help.

dan 11 12:47 26 Oct 04

It seems strange that none of the above drivers don't work. Are you sure you are doing it correctly. When you format and re-install windows 98, windows will put generic drivers on for the modem and hope they work.

What you have to do is go to control panel / system / device manager and delete the entry for pci simple communications. Reboot. Windows will find the card again and then you can point it towards the downloaded drivers.

If you have done the above have you checked the settings in control panel / modems. Make sure they are no duplicate entries, delete them if necessary and check which com port the modem is assigned to.

Disregard if already done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…