Sound card "missing"

zelston 14:51 05 Dec 05

Device Mangager shows all OK but Control Panel, Audio Devices says "No audio device". If I uninstall sound card and then Add Hardware card is found & all is OK until next power off and then problem repeats itself. Using XP -SP2.

PaulB2005 14:53 05 Dec 05

Bit of history first.

Is this a new sound card op#r has it just started happening?

Is onboard sound diabled?

woodchip 14:58 05 Dec 05

You need to load the drivers for the CARD

zelston 15:11 05 Dec 05

No this card has been working for a couple of years and I have made no recent hardware changes. In the failed condition sound cannot be enabled. In the working condition (after succesful re-install)surely the driver must be correct.

woodchip 15:15 05 Dec 05

It may be conflicting with other hardware, go to device manager and check it out

GaT7 15:42 05 Dec 05

Any software changes? I had similar problem with a dialup modem (Wn98se). It turned out it was conflicting with the latest graphic card drivers (nVidia). G

zelston 17:21 05 Dec 05

No conflicts.
I havn't tried sound for months so masses of software changes. System also slow to load with plenty of log entries containing one common phrase "pipe state invalid".Everything else seems OK, completely solid, no freezing or crashes, a good PC (is that an anomaly?).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…