sound card drivers

jimbobjim 22:14 27 Dec 04

I recently reinstalled my version of windows xp pro and i have a built in sound card and am no t sure of its model and info etc. all i do know is that it is made by foxconn. Is there and way to find out the the neccessary drivers to install?

woodchip 22:20 27 Dec 04

Check in Device Manager to see if it's a Via Chipset if so you need to download the correct Driver for that chip. you can also take the side of comp and look at the Chip on the Mobo It should say if Via

woodchip 22:21 27 Dec 04

PS if you have a motherboad CD rom the drivers are on that. Also look in other Partition's for drive folder in Explorer

sicknote 22:25 27 Dec 04

This should give you the info you need once you have downloaded it from

click here

ACOLYTE 22:27 27 Dec 04

Would belarc or everest tell the type without the drivers installed?

woodchip 22:30 27 Dec 04

If you can find what the Mobo is with belarc, you can download all the Drivers from the relevant Web site. IDE drivers are most important

jimbobjim 18:42 28 Dec 04

ive downloaded belarc and it shows my mobo as NEC computers international GA-8SIMLNF 1.0 i also have an integrated graphics card which is disabled because i dont need it. Would reinstalling all the drivers cause problems due to their being 2 sets of graphics drivers.

Totally-braindead 19:00 28 Dec 04

It shouldn't because you say you have it disabled, but if there was a problem you could easily go back to the onboard graphics temporarily, then disable it, switch of and refit your graphics card. Incidentely if you look at the drivers on your disk you normally find the sound drivers are seperate from the motherboard ones so you may not even have to face this problem.

Strawballs 21:54 28 Dec 04

Try here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…