sound card drivers

coleman2 21:57 26 Nov 03

i have just formated my h/drive but can not install sound card drivers i get the message that they are disabled in the bios and ineed to change it but no help after that thank in advance fot any help

Quiller. 22:03 26 Nov 03

The first place I would look would be in device manager in windows. Look for any yellow exclamation marks. If you find any post back with the details.

When you formatted the hard drive did you reset the bios? This should be the only way that the on-board sound could be re-enabled. If you did reset the bios then you are going to have to go in there and disable the on-board sound chip.

All this presumes you have a sound chip on the motherboard and a separate PCI sound card installed.

coleman2 22:41 26 Nov 03

yes there is a yellow ? next to multi media devises and no i did not do any thing to the bios

Quiller. 22:49 26 Nov 03

Delete the yellow and reboot. Have your audio C\D in the drive and then install the drivers.

Hopefully this will get you going.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…