sound card driver problems

triflesterms 13:00 17 May 05

Hi ive just reinstalled windows but for some reason i have no sound drivers, im not sure how to check what sound card i have, is legacy audio a make? if so it could be it, but im not sure where to get the drivers from.

Hope someone out there can help.
Thanx

gudgulf 13:10 17 May 05

Download and run Everest Home click here

Click on "Computer" and select "Summary" then scroll down until you find the audio card make/model.If you also post the motherboard make/model and chipset on here we can point you to the drivers you need.

Micro-Man 13:16 17 May 05

Try Unknown Devices at click here and Si-Sandra from click here to identify the sound card.

A legacy audio device will almost always be an ISA card and as such can be a nightmare to set-up as you don't always know what IRQ and DMA settings to use. It is worth trying Creatives Soundblaster compatable drivers as many sound cards will work on these.

triflesterms 15:44 17 May 05

hi ive downloaded hardware programme & i think this is my mother board -
Field Value
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-8SIML

& i think this is my sound card -
Device Description Type
SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI

Hope this helps?
thanx

Micro-Man 15:46 17 May 05

Also, if it is a removable card, find the FCC ID number and look it up on click here though at the time of posting, this site appears to be down!

Micro-Man 15:50 17 May 05

i think this is my sound card - Device Description Type SiS 7012 Audio Device PCI

Search the SIS web pages on click here

triflesterms 17:15 17 May 05

downloaded driver from sis but for some reason it failed to install.

hope someone can help?
thanx

Micro-Man 10:35 18 May 05

Did you select the correct operating system? Also did it extract to a temporary file somewhere and you need to run it from there?

triflesterms 14:25 20 May 05

i selected operating system when downloading, cause its a zipped file had to unzip first then i tried to install from there by clicking on the install icon.
It came up with an error during instalation, saying instalation cannot be completed.

Not sure what im doing wrong?

hope someone can still help?
thanx

triflesterms 13:54 23 May 05

i selected operating system when downloading, cause its a zipped file had to unzip first then i tried to install from there by clicking on the install icon. It came up with an error during instalation, saying instalation cannot be completed.
Not sure what im doing wrong?

hope someone can still help? thanx

triflesterms 12:05 27 May 05

to be honest im not 100% sure if i have downloaded the right sound driver for this packard bell pc.

Hope someone can help?

Thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…