Sound card driver

Teddy Jeff 13:59 07 Apr 04

Can anyone tell me where I can download a sound card driver, the only info that I have to go by is C-Media A97 Audio Device and the number P4MDPT ( stuck again )

xania 14:21 07 Apr 04

P4MDPT seems to refer to the Motherboard

recap 14:31 07 Apr 04

click here and download Belarc Advisor, this utility will show you exactly what the sound card is.

Then if you click here and register you may be able to get the necessary drivers for the card.

Eric10 14:34 07 Apr 04

Check out this site click here and select 'Drivers' from the 'Download Centre' box at the right of the page. Select your motherboard number from the top of the next page and all of the drivers are there.

xania 14:39 07 Apr 04

Opps sorry - too quick. Try again.

P4MDPT seems to refer to the Motherboard

click here.

As this does not have on-board sound, I've also checked C-Media A97 only to discover that

click here

this is the audio chip - not the board itself. Can you please take out the board and see if there is any better indication printed onto it.

Stuartli 15:55 07 Apr 04

I've used my Elite mobo's excellent onboard C-Media 8738 soundchip for four years until recently, when I was given a SoundBlaster Live!

I had to update the 8738's driver several times over that period because of OS upgreades etc from the same C-Media website link provided by xania and did so without any problems.

In fact, to be honest, for a onboard sound chipset that can be acquired in PCI form for around £4-6, the 8738 (apparently the 9738 is even better) really takes some beating.

The SoundBlaster Live! is only marginally superior, at least with my IBM 2.1 speaker system, and the C-Media includes 3D surround sound, SPIDF interface and several other attributes.

Teddy Jeff 18:26 07 Apr 04

Thanks again to everyone I've give up for today I'll give it another go tomorrow. Ted

woodchip 18:42 07 Apr 04

Have you got a Motherboard CD as the sound drivers will be on there if it's onboard sound. check the CD in Explorer for a Sound folder

Cuddles 20:40 07 Apr 04

Try here for soundcard driver click here

Teddy Jeff 23:56 07 Apr 04

I can only say thank you all I didn't expect so much help in such a short time

Stuartli 09:12 08 Apr 04

A C-Media onboard sound chip normally has the particular example marked on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…