sound card conflict?

dfghjkl 22:07 16 May 05

hello all,can you help please,i have a creative soundblaster live 5.1 soundcard,it has worked flawlessly since i installed it 2 years ago,i have recantly installed a jetway dvb digital tv card,this is also working exactly how it should be,however my sound resets itself from 5.1 to stereo desktop speakers.if i reset it back to 5.1 it doesnt work properly,the centre speaker doesnt work at all and when i restart the pc it goes back to the stereo setting.i have tried to find newer drivers but creative and jetway have not updated,i have reformatted and i have tried my tv card on a differant partition but no joy,i am using xp pro with sp2 and all updates xp 2500+ running at 3200+ and 512 of ddr400,asus a7n8x.any more ideas?i love the tv card but at a cost of 5.1 sound for my films.it is the same with the onboard sound but that has never worked properly anyway.

citadel 22:54 16 May 05

have you tried moving the sound card to a different slot. I keep cards apart so they don't share channels if possible.

dfghjkl 20:59 17 May 05

thanks,i have tried that,peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…