Sound Card causes blue screen

Train driver 22:32 26 Jun 03

I am trying to install a L-8738-6C soundcard to run under Win2k. The card uses the CMI8738 chip.
The installation goes fine but when I restart the machine after the install finishes the computer freezes with a problem in C:\windows\system32\drivers\cmaudio.sys.
I have tried two later drivers from the web but all give the same problem.
Any ideas greatly appreciated

Giggle n' Bits 00:29 27 Jun 03

Uninstall the drivers & software also in Add/remove Programmes, Remove from device manager.

Shut down machine and put card in another slot.

Make sure any onboard audio is dissabled if any.

start PC let windows find card click cancel go to the "windows update" site download them drivers.

This L-8738-6C who makes it ? CMI just do the Audio chip but the card is made by someone else is the L for Labtec ?.

try installing the card with nothing else in the pci slots (you will need your graphics card) to give the sound card its choice of resources, if this helps reinstal the rest of your cards one by one afterwards.

Chegs ? 11:05 27 Jun 03

I never could get my SoundBlaster to install in my last mobo,apparently the chipset refused to co-habit with the card,I found several "patches" to fix the probs,I even changed the BIOS but nothing worked.As soon as the card tried to generate a sound,the PC locked up and a loud shrill whistle was heard from the speakers.

Train driver 13:30 30 Jun 03

Thanks everyone but I think Chegs may be right. I have re-installed the card in every slot several times and it makes no difference, same fault every time and it has no onboard audio. I have also tried to install a USB card but that is also giving problems. It insists unknown devices are connected to it.
Not completely sure about the card maker but I think it is made by Asonic.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…