Sound Card Advice

Commander Straker 10:34 13 May 09

I have a Vista PC using On Board sound and would like to invest in a separate PCI Sound Card but I only need 2.1 due to not having room for surround sound speakers. I do like my music so would like decent quality - does anyone have any suggestions ?

Graphicool1 11:05 13 May 09
  Stuartli 11:08 13 May 09

You would require both a good quality sound card AND excellent speakers; however, a computer is not really the best method of "decent quality" sound.

Depending on your on-board sound chipset, you might be better off acquiring a reasonable pair of speakers to use with it.

I'm a keen hi-fi enthusiast, but find my Realtek on-board sound chipset and a modest pair of Logitech speakers are more than adequate (mainly due to the system's fans' noise).

Commander Straker 11:59 13 May 09

Thanks guys for responding so quickly. Already have Cambridge Audio sound system, which ought to be good quality, just have the feeling that I could do better from the sound. Don't worry, if I want Hi-Fi sound I'll use my proper Hi-Fi rather than a PC !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced